[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] <just wondering...>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 20:45:37 EDT 2004

Hi Daisy,
I'm so glad you decided to get the two brothers, I'm sure that eased their transition and made them both happier. I have a neutered sister and brother pig who do the same thing you described - nudge, then snap and bite (often just a warning bite), and tooth chatter angrily and squeal. Then the nudger will jump and run away, and come back and try it again. And if I seperate them, they wheek for each other, so I put them back together and they purr. I think you have had them long enough that you will be able to tell an argument over a blood-drawing fight. I've heard squeals of real pain a few times from my pigs, and it is definitely distinct. Oftentimes fights will be over a coveted spot or a veggie. So I would make sure both have their own hidey huts and cuddle cups, to get a break from each other if necessary. They have been together for so long now, they have already reached maturity, and there is no female presence - maybe something just sparked jealousy or anger in one and they
 are just having a sibling argument. Hopefully :).
Good luck.
Lauren, Pooh and Piglet