[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] <just wondering...>

DaisyBell84 at cs.com DaisyBell84 at cs.com
Sun Jun 13 10:42:39 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I have a question about my 2 little babies. First let me give you a quick
background: I got Sparco about a 1.5 years ago, and we decided to givehim a
friend so about 1 week later, we went back and got his brother Cosmo. They've been
living together in a fairly decent sized cage since we got them and we haven't
had any problems until now. Sparco does this thing where he used to sniff
Cosmo's rear, which I hear that's how they identify one another. But now,
whenever Cosmo is sitting or laying down, Sparco will come and sort of nudge him on
his side or near his face, pretty much wherever he feels like it. So Cosmo gets
irritated and snaps back, and then Sparco screams (well what sounds like a
scream). And when I turn around to look at them, neither of them look very happy
at all. So I go and separate them, make Cosmo go to one corner and make
Sparco stay in the other and it works for a little while. But then a few hours
later its the same thing. Sometimes, as soon as I leave, Sparco will go straight
to Cosmo's corner and bother him again and the whole cycle starts again. This
has been going on for 2 days now. I put a partition in the middle of the cage
but neither of them want to be away from eachother. Sparco will actually try to
bite off the partition and Cosmo just keeps nudging at it. So I give up. I
have a small starter cage that I could move one of them into but it is pretty
small, what we kept htem in when they were just babies. But if it comes down to
that, then I will.

Sorry for the loooooong letter, but I really need some help and would greatly
appreciate it!! Thanks bunches!!!

--Daisy