[Gpdd] [CARE] <re: Martin's cages>

Lauren Cordeiro Lauren_Cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Sun Jun 20 20:02:27 EDT 2004

I like Martin's rat cages, but I think for my gpigs it would be cheaper to do a C&C cage, which would probably give them more room - it looks like the max width of the Martin's is 36". They definitely look better sized than the junk you find at most pet stores for gpigs though. The only thing about the condo, it looks like you'd have to put something over the wire bottom of the second floor. Also, I've only ever had the powder-coated wire, but I've heard from people I know who have rats that the regular galvanized metal tends to stink after a while compared to the coated. Not sure though.

Lauren, Piglet & Pooh