[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: VIRUS UPDATE

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Wed Mar 3 17:42:20 EST 2004

All,

The virus that's mimicing various "management", "administrator", etc.
accounts seems to be a variety of the "Bagle" (Beagle) virus. The payload
is usually a Zip file, and instructions in the e-mail give you a password
to invoke it.

Now for some sobering news: our latest virus pattern update from McAfee DID
NOT pick it up. We are going to check to see if there has been a daily update.

Just a reminder: the GPDD list itself will not accept attachments, plain
and simple. Your GPDD, whether individual message or Digest form, will
*never* come with an attachment. We (the Admin Team) would never mass-mail
an attachment. If you get an e-mail with an attachment and the return
address is @gpdd.org, *we did not send it*.

Sorry to clog your GPDD with these messages, but we want everyone to try
and avoid these viruses.

The GPDD Team