[Gpdd] [Announcement] EEP! That Virus! *BPP*

Britt and Brownie Lindahl Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Wed Mar 3 17:13:21 EST 2004

Hey You Guys..

Just wanted to update you on what's going on.  Basically, on one of my
guinea groups (Guinea Pigs' Society) my email account was used to perpetuate
the new admin virus going around.  The virus used my email addy and sent a
message saying that Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com was Yahoogroups.com
administrators and to follow a link to find out more information.  DO NOT
FOLLOW THE LINK!  If you follow that link, you'll be getting the virus!

While I was at school today, I checked my buckeye-express email via the web
and saw that my email account was used on GPS.  I rushed home and updated my
Norton (Live Update runs for it on my computer, but ran it anyway) then did
a full system scan (it's on a schedule to do that every so often as well.)
Norton came up with no viruses.  I called my ISP and they said that the
virus must have just picked up the email addy and used it and I shouldn't
have anything else come from my email account.

To be sure, you know that you can open something from me that has in the
subject line "BPP" at the end.  This is Brownie "Pumpkin Pig's" paw of
approval that his Momma is REALLY sending the email.  Hope no one followed
any link from that nasty virus thing.  Got to jet over to Firelands to meet
some friends to work on our Master's project...

Sorry for any confusion!

Talk to you later..

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."