[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR (Three boars)

Gillian Hayward gillianhayward at oakwoodacorns.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 16:51:02 EST 2004

Thanks to all of you that have replied either via the digest or on private email about me keeping three boars together. I appreciate you passing on tips that have worked for you all when keeping more than two boars together. Biscuit, Cracker and Popcorn live indoors and when they are a bit older will be moving into one of my "bachelor pads" which are 46 inches by 30 inches. Hopefully the fact that they are littermates, along with a good sized pen and daily floor time will help them to get along. I've never had any problems whatsoever with pairs of boars so I'll hold my breath and hope for the same success with this trio. It's certainly worth a try as I really don't want to split them up. How can I tell them that one of them has to move out without letting them give it a go first!

Thanks again for all your advice. I'll let you know how they get along.

Gillian and her piggy pals, Treacle, Humbug, Cucumber, Bovril, Marmite, Holly, Mistletoe, Daisy, Dolittle, Didums, Tickles, Lucky, Cookie, Biscuit, Cracker and Popcorn.