[Gpdd] [CARE] how much to feed

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Mon Mar 8 16:40:15 EST 2004

Folks seem to disagree about the quantity of vegetable stuff to feed.

My approach has been to give a wide variety of vegetables and fruits
(in addition to pellets and hay), although not everything every day.
As long as their poops are well formed, not loose or soft,
you're ok. The thing you wan to avoid is diarrhea. But I also think that
the pig's systems will adjust to be able to handle more greens, as long
as you increase the amount slowly. You also might try not giving them
their entire daily allowance of veggies all at once. Several small meals
 is much more entertaining for them anyway. Remember that the more
juicy greens they eat, the less water they'll drink, so not to worry if
water
consumption decreases.

Love from all of us,
Louise and her masters: Phineas, Delilah, Hillary, Mostly, Pandora,
Neville, and Mr. Norman, the Rat