[Gpdd] Health: Guinea Pigs catching human colds

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 13:12:15 EST 2004

Hello Slaves!
On the subject of piggies catching human
colds, well, I thought they could (but I
have no scientific proof). The reason I
thought that is because my first piggie,
my Beloved Amberlea, died of a respiratory
infection due to catching a cold. And I
Blamed myself (and still do) because I had
a nasty cold prior to her catching it.
Amberlea loved to cuddle and so I made the
mistake of cuddling with her even though
I had a cold. And so, Amberlea got sick.
She had the same symptoms I did: runny nose,
sneezing, watery eyes, she was weak. She
was 3 years old at the time and I guess her
body just couldn't fight it off. I was giving
her antibiotics and trying to syringe her,
but my Baby died anyways. :-(

Now, I am very careful if I'm not feeling
well. I wash my hands if I blow my nose and
try not to breath on my pig.

So, wow, I'm at a loss. All these years, I
thought piggies could catch our colds (???).
Well, I'll continue being Anal just to be
on the safe side.

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)