[Gpdd] Bedding rcommendations

Sue Monaco revolver29 at netzero.net
Sun Mar 14 20:09:12 EST 2004

Hi everyone!
I thought I'd put my two cents in for Jason and Maria on the bedding issue since I had the same question about Freddy and had so many people provide me with advice.
I currently use a layer of newspaper underneath a layer of wood shavings, and Freddy seems to enjoy spreading his hay out on top of the shavings when he is not eating it.
I tried the Care Fresh, but I didn't like having that wet stuff all around, so it seemed to be a waste of money when I was throwing the stuff out all the time. I also had someone recommend puppy training pads to put underneath the top layer, but as Freddy is a chewer, I was afraid to have the plastic in the cage. It seemed like an interesting idea though.
I did come across something called ZER-Odor, made by a company called Penn-Plax. It is a bag of small white granules that are supposed to go under the layer of bedding to absorb the odors. I may give that a try- has anyone else used it?