[Gpdd] Health: Solid food

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 00:00:46 EST 2004

Hi all!

Does anybody have experience in getting piggies back onto solid foods after
illness? My Lucy has been on veggie puree/pellet mash for a while now due to
various medical problems. She had her second tooth trim on Saturday and they
are looking pretty good now but she shows no interest at all in veggies or
pellets or hay. I have tried parsley, baby spinach, alfalfa, all soft stuff
but she won't even take a bite. I am worried she has got used to eating soft
food. She is on Metacam (pain meds) so sore teeth shouldn't be the problem.
If anyone has any tips or tricks, they would be much appreciated. At her
current weight (500g) I am not comfortable with withholding soft food till
she gets desperate and eats, but it may come to that.
I am planning to put both her and Lexie on my lap tonight and offer them
both greens in the hope that Lucy will get jealous of Lexie eating greens
and will have a go.

Robyn