[Gpdd] Health - Op and Swollen foot

Liddlepaws at aol.com Liddlepaws at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 13:50:34 EST 2004

To Anyone Who Can Help Me!
Hi,
I have a verrry cuddly rexy pig called Thistle. A couple of months ago he was
enjoying having his tummy tickled when I noticed that part of his front left
paw was swollen and slightly more pinkish. After close examination I decided
that it was nothing to worry about. A couple of days ago I noticed that his paw
had swollen even more, but still no pain. What could this be? I immediately
thought of bumblefoot, but after seeing pictures of this condition and reading
that it is painful I don't think it is. Any ideas?

Thistle is going to have an operation in a couple of weeks (I wanted to wait
until Thistle's vet was free) to have a lump removed, please advise. I have
only ever had one other pig have an op, but Goldy is a tough old thing and
Thistle can become a nervous wreck if nothing happens.
What painkillers should I get for him? Will he need painkillers?

Thank you

Joanna