[Gpdd] HEALTH: Honey update

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Mon Nov 29 19:32:56 EST 2004

Hi Everyone,

After two weeks on Sulfatrim Honey's breathing is the same.  That rules out
bacterial pneumonia.  I spoke with her vet today and she mentioned a few
things.  It could be viral pneumonia, or heart related.  Ultrasound of her
heart would cost around $200!  We are putting that off for now.  What could
be seen of it on her x-ray looked okay.

We will bed her on just Carefresh in case she is allergic to pine,  and
start a low dose of Lasix to see if that helps.  I never had a GP with a
respiratory problem, so any suggestions are welcome.  I need your input on
Lasix.  If it is scaring from a previous pneumonia what can be done?

Basically Honey is breathing with one lung and has a lot of congestion.
Sometimes she coughs and that clears the congestion, but it returns.

Joe and I want to do what is best for this sweet little girl.  She has been
through so much.

Thanks for your help.

Dee