[Gpdd] [MISC] Pet Stores

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Thu Oct 7 14:30:45 EDT 2004

I understand there are some bad pet stores and good pet stores. Most
people that want a Guinea pig will usually go to a pet store and I see
nothing wrong with that, I got mine at Petco and she is fine. I have
heard lots of horrible things that happen to animals at pet stores and
yes it is true but not all pet stores. It just depends on who is in
charge and how much they care for the animals and you need to find a
good one in your area. Not all Petco stores are the same; some employees
know a lot about the animals and care for them. On the other hand some
just think of the animals as a way to make a little money and if they
are sick they will find the cheapest way to dispose of it or ignore
them. Just know that where ever you go to buy a pet, if it's a large are
small pet store, be sure to know the employees and how the management
runs the pet section. If they seem caring and know their knowledge than
it should be fine. Many Petco stores and even Petsmart stores may be in
trouble for how they treat the animals but there are so many of these
stores and I don't want you guys to think they are all horrible places
to buy a pet.

Shelly Atkinson