[Gpdd] [health]urinestains and pills

S Mogensen write2turbo at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:28:11 EDT 2004

Svetooshka at aol.com wrote:
Poopsy, my gp, has yellow staining near her butt area from urine, and feces.
  i usually use a wet towel to clean every few days.  i recently gave her a
butt bath but the yellowing wont go away. does anyone have any ideas on how
to deal with this??

A gp should not need to be "buttbadted" every few days. I would tke her to a
doctor to have her tjecked. She could have stones or an urineinfection.

cavyphile at earthlink.net Wrote:
4.  The vet gave me tablets to crush and mix with grape or strawberry jelly.
  I've been doing that but I have a hard time getting it in the little 1 cc
syringes that they gave me unless I add water.  (One reason why I want to
get a supply of syringes.)  Anyone have any ideas about that?

I think you should try giving her them as they are... When I have to give a
gp a pill I simply stuff the pille in the pigs mouth (they have a big gab
betveen the insiciors and the molars so that part is easy) down far back in
the mouth untill I can feel the molars with my nail, then I know it is far
enough in so that the pig vill have problems getting it out again. With the
really clever pigs You maybe have to hold the mouth shut a littke while... I
have only got bitten one time out of maybe 100 (one of my pigs have been on
antibiotics for tre months and needed pills every day...) but you have to be
fast, when your finger is well in the mouth she can not bite you but just in
the beginning you stuff it in she can, so move fast!*S*

/Susan