[Gpdd] [HEALTH] piggie with tumor

Tiffany tdgenyk2 at mts.net
Sat Oct 16 17:28:40 EDT 2004

Hey everyone!
I am usually just a lurker. I have received the digest for the last 3
yrs. or so. We have 4 piggers and I will list them
in the order we got them. G.P.(how original!)(aka Stinker, Jeepers),
she's the one I have a question about. Then we
got Little One(she was smaller than G.P), then came Snooco(combination
of snoopy and chocolate). And last but
not least, Cuddles. The least of which who doesn't like to cuddle. She
definitely does not live up to her name. Crazy pig!
Anyway, G.P is the one that I have a question about. I just found a
tumor on her left side(Thurs night)(thought and hoped that it
was just a cyst or absess) but I just came back from the vet(Sat) and
she had done a fine needle aspirate. The vet said that it is
cancer. The type that will come back even with surgery. So my question
you all is this, what should I do? Should I go ahead with the surgery or
just try to make her as comfortable as possible? My heart says to go
ahead with it. The money part of it isn't bothering me. It will cost
about $200 for the vet to remove both of them. Yes, two. She has two
tumors. The vet said that they are probably mammary tumors, seeings that
she has two. The one on the left side is bigger than the one on the
right side. They also seem to be growing quite rapidly. Oh ya, G.P. will
be 3½ on Dec 1.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

Mom to the four great piggers!!
Tiffany