[Gpdd] (Misc) Guinea pigs being eaten

Rebecca Wilmot rebecca.wilmot at permabondeurope.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 08:32:33 EDT 2004

Hi GP's

I see a number of people upset about guinea pig being dished up as a
delicacy now in the USA. It is upsetting to think our furry squeaking
friends are making it to the dinner plate.

But what about all the other animals we eat...?  Little lambykins,
duckypoos and in the Far East peoples' woofies get munched on?

I live in the New Forest where there are ponies freely roam. After
having their families and a lovely life they end up getting shipped to
France for meat. But I feel happier about this than some chicken that is
crammed in with hundreds of others, force fed to make fat, can't stand
up or use its legs or never seen the light of day. At least the pony had
a nice life.

But a lot of people here in the UK are happy to eat chicken but
horrified the French eat ponies.

I think the emphasis should be on breeding and caring for these animals
in an ethical, kind manner and encouraging such practices by only buying
meat from such sources.

Bec, Jimmy and Wilf

PS Jimmy has since been having nightmares about being a rotisserie pig

Rebecca Wilmot

Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd

Wessex House

Upper Market Street