[Gpdd] announcement-thank you and alert

MascaraS23 at aol.com MascaraS23 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 18:34:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to tell  all of you how thankful I am for the outpouring of care and
kindness you have given me over Matisse. He was so special, and I really think
you guys are extremely special too. I am happy to report that Matisse's
friend, neo, is doing better. He even hopped a bit tonight.

On another note, there is a company called Heifer International, which is a
really awesome non-profit that has been around since 1944. Basically, people
can purchase animals for families in the third world, such as dairy cows, wool
sheep, etc. Problem is, I was looking through their magazine and it has this
"package" for $5000. called the Ark - it sends different animals to different
impoverished regions - llamas, camels and a bunch more. As I was looking at the
photos, i noticed a picture of three cute little guinea pigs. The caption said
"send three guinea pigs to a family in ecuador to add protein to their diet
and provide income." Okay folks, i am not naive, but I have just a real big
problem with this. If anybody else has a problem with this, email me...maybe we
could work together  to get Heifer Int'l to remove cavys from the ark.

Andrea Martin