[Gpdd] MISC animals as food

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Oct 23 13:59:44 EDT 2004

Alge,
I couldn't agree more with you on the subject to carefully buy meat instead
of tossing it out. Because I have always loved animals I am a vegetarian for
the past 30 years. Is is natural for me, but I do realize it is not a lifestyle
for everybody. Here in Minnesota there are a lot of people hunting and
fishing. I hear so many stories of meat and fish that has been stored in the freezers
for years, probably not eatable any longer, and the animals died because
hunting and killing is enjoyable for some people.
I also believe if people would have a chance to witness  slaughtering of
animals there would be more vegetarians on this planet today. I have seen several
documentaries, and growing up in Germany, the local butchers do their own
slaughtering. I will never forget the animals crying  right before being killed.
It is so gruesome, and I always wished that I could have saved them all.
America is a wonderful place to live..though, definitely there is room to
raise consciousness and awareness of what is been done to animals, i.e. wasting
meat, hacking dog's ears and tails off, exploitation of wild animals, and such.

best wishes,
Marion, Poly and Sweetie