[Gpdd] (Silly)Piggers and their furniture

deea2z at adelphia.net deea2z at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 3 14:22:37 EDT 2004

I have reports of silly activity going on here in Southern California.  I recently bought Dougal a red, blue-fleeced lined, sports car to lounge in. It's a convertible, of course, and has nice soft wheels.  He just loves burrowing into it...sticks his little face right down in the "engine".  I bought Brodie his own "armchair", since he's mostly a "percher"; he too, loves his chair.  Duncan has had his own cuddle cup for awhile.  The other day while Dad slave was cleaning cages, he had the pigger corral set up with the furniture and the car inside.  Duncan wanted nothing to do with his bed, and decided that Brodie's chair was just right for his Nibs.  So he politely climbed up and got himself all nice and snug.  Poor Brodie!  He tried to nose King Duncan out, but that wasn't gonna happen.  So he just sat there with his little front paws on one of the arms of the chair, and gazed longingly at what was "his" spot.  Duncan didn't even bother with a royal wave.

Last night we opened up the "gate" on the condo to see who would pop out.  Brodie, ever curious, ventured out into the living room and proceeded to play "zoomie pigger", much to his mom slave's delight.  The more I laughed at him zooming around the dining room table and behind the cages, the faster he ran!  I didn't know he could move that fast!  He wore his little self out though, and curled up in the corner to rest.  No one else ventured out at all, much to my surprise.  (Of course, this was after the 7pm parsley, so they were all kind of "zoned out").

Brodie is also famous (or "infamous") for walking around the condo, taking the Pigloo with him!  He insists on putting it in the middle of the cage.  When I sit in my office, I can hear the "clunk, clunk, clunking" of his moving adventures.  The other morning he made his slave Dad laugh out loud (quite a trick, I might add...Dad is not a morning slave).  I guess it was earlier than normal, and all the boyz were asleep.  As soon as Dad turned on the light, Brodie came flying out of the wooden house, stuck his nose into the pigloo and squeaked and wheeked until Duncan woke up and came out.  They all must have hit the snooze button.  Brodie hasn't met a meal he's missed, and he knows Duncan gets fed first (Herd Boss privileges, don't you know), so it was "Get Up!  Get UP!  Dad's here with breakfast!  GET...UP!!!  Duncan deigned to poke his little face out, and squinted up at Dad before strolling out of the pigloo.   Meanwhile, Dougal was next door doing his "Dougal Dance of Food Joy" on his shelf.  Just another typical morning here in Southern California.  At least Duncan hasn't fallen into any more salad bags!

Diane (FuzzyButt Boyz Slave)

Diane