[Gpdd] Health - Longevity

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 11:27:54 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone

The longest one of my guinea pigs lived was 7 years.
He was an Abby-mix named Fuzzy. He looked like an
Abby, but his father was short-haired black and white
dutch and his mother was a black and white Abby. Fuzzy
was a tri-colored Abby.
He was born when I was in late grade school and died
in the night when I was a senior in High School. He
never acted sick a day in his life. His heart must
have given out.
The other longest was 5 years and 2 months. That was
Tasha. She was a white Abby mix, also. Her digestive
system shut down and I had to put her to sleep.
I think in-breeding has been the problem with mine.
They have had congestive heart failure at 1-year of
age and two with diabetes.
I have a black Abby now that will be 4-years old this
December. She is tuff. She had congestive heart
failure, kidney stones, and is in remission from
Diabetes.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven