[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Piggies for adoption in Basingstoke, England?

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 10:18:04 EDT 2004

Further to my previous post regarding importing my daughter's guinea pigs
from France to Basingstoke - if this does not prove practical, Sarah would like
to acquire a couple of British piggies. It would be the easiest thing in the
world to go out and buy a couple frorm a petstore, but I have persuaded her it
would be far better to adopt a couple of unwanted ones from a rescue centre. Is
anyone on this list involved with guinea pig rescue in the Basingstoke,
Hampshire area? If she can't have her two boys with her, she would ideally like to
adopt a couple of longhaired females - does Abyssinian mean longhaired, I'm
never quite sure?! Several of my beautiful rescues are longhaired, but they
naver had a posh name applied to them - as regular subscribers will know, I just
refer to them as my "dolly mixtures"!

I am taking Sarah's belongings over to her this weekend, and as that will be
one of the few occasions she will have access to a car, it would make sense if
we collected her new piggies then (assuming I can't take Claude and Red Dandy
across on the ferry). Does anyone know of a rescue we could visit which might
have what she would be looking for?

Wheeks to all the wigglepigs, and condolences to all whose piggies have
recently crossed The Bridge. I surely can't be the only person who's been opening
their gpdd with trepidation just recently, dreading news of yet another
heatbreaking departure. My thoughts are with all of you who mourn - and I guess
probably most of us have lost at least one beloved friend across The Bridge at some
time or other.

Debbie