[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Eeating poop

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Fri Sep 17 11:13:41 EDT 2004

It is perfectly normal for a cavy to eat their poop and it is actually
something they like in their diet so I am sorry that you have to get
used to it. I do have a question on my Reba that likes to do her
business by her food bowel and water bottle. I am thinking of moving the
food and water on the other side of the enclosure but if I do that I
might confuse her and she will just always go where she eats, I bet she
goes their so she will have a supply of poop to eat as well by her food.
I sometimes find her pebbles in her food bowel too. Do you guys have
GP's that always go where they eat and drink?

Shelly Atkinson

I have a question...is it normal for GPs to eat their own excraments?
Every time I have my Shawn out, with food in front of him, he always
bends down under himself and eats his feces. Is this normal? Everytime
he does it I just kind of cringe and look away, but I am worried that
it is a problem...what do you think?