[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: God opened the gate, and a SPECIAL piggy was welcomed

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 20:38:54 EDT 2004

Dear Jim,
I have written so much about so very many of our little guys that God has
called back across the bridge. Yet tonight I write about one little guy who stole
my heart even though I have never met him or hit daddy. That little one is
SPEEDY. Before continuing I want to offer my deepest and most sincere regrets to
Jim on the loss of his beloved SPEEDY. I know from reading the digest how
sick he was and yet I hoped and prayed every day for him in the hopes he would
make it past this illness. Every one of the little guys that cross the bridge
breaks my heart and if SPEEDY was a bit more to me it was because he fought so
hard to stay with is daddy. I know there have been others who have fought just
as hard and I just never knew but SPEEDY I KNOW tried to stay. I feel terrible
that he finally lost fought his last battle Sunday morning but in the words
of his daddy, "there will be endless fields of parsley and also tons of cherry
tomatoes". So if there is a glimmer of light in the darkest of nights, then
let it be his suffering has come to an end. He fought valiantly and with
stubborn determination because of the love he had for Jim and because he knew how
much it would hurt were he to give up. How could any one of us not love this
little guy? So once again, I offer my condolences to Jim on his loss and can
assure him that SPEEDY will continue to remain in the daily prayer which I say over
George. And one day our little guy will sadly have to cross the bridge and I
can only hope that SPEEDY will be there to welcome him.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, George the guinea pig's daddy