[Gpdd] Health: Please read!

bethany keiper at hiwaay.net
Wed Sep 29 03:28:50 EDT 2004

Hi, I want to thank you for taking a moment to read this. This is regarding gp teeth.
Please, PLEASE when you take yours in and have their teeth checked, make SURE they
look at all of the back teeth. Even the ones that are terribly far back in the mouth.
The ones they need a little cone-shaped scope with a light on it to see.

A little while back Honey's front teeth needed work and I had it done, and then just
3 months later she could no longer eat well again. This time they worked on her
molars, but missed one WAY WAY in the back that grew long. Her bite is slightly off
and I don't know if that caused the tooth to grow long or if the tooth is causing the
bite problem. The bottom line is, that tooth makes her unable to bite into anything
small or hard, like lettuce, hay, or pellets.

They've had to special order a tool to work on this back tooth. They ordered it last
Friday and it came in today. Her dental work will take place tomorrow morning. While
we waited for it to come in, I've been syringe feeding her critical care made with
ground fresh parsley 'juice', blueberry yogurt and benebac (for her gut flora),
crushed tomato, pureed corn, and other foods.

Just please make sure they check ALL of your piggies' teeth when they check them. It
could save your gps life.

Bethany
Enslaved to Honey, Precious, Silky, Sooty, the cats, the fish, and Miss Teddy at the
Bridge.
--
bwk  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper  *  http://www.arkinc.org/