[Gpdd] misc. bloat & sleeping

rzm.2 at juno.com rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Apr 2 12:22:58 EST 2005

Remedy for g.p bloat (otherwise known as gas!)

Try 1/2 pediatric dose of simethicone 2-3 times a day. Use .15cc. This
is for mild gas only. If gas happens often, or if the g.p is bloated
(puffy), you need to see a vet as this is a symptom of a digestive
tract disorder called gut stasis. If g.p is passing irregularly shaped
droppings, soft droppings, or has diarrhea, has a reduced or no
appetite, and appears "puffy" (as in hair fluffed out) these are
additional symptoms. It's important to see a qualified vet with g.p
experience, as there is meds that can help. Even without meds, gut
stasis can be managed- but it can take a long time, weeks or months.

IF YOUR PIGGIE IS BLOATED TO THE POINT WHERE THEIR ABDOMEN IS SWOLLEN
AND HARD, YOU NEED TO SEE A VET IMMEDIATELY, AS THIS IS A LIFE
THREATENING SITUATION!!!

This also helps; give 0.1cc of simethicone and a tummy rub to help
break up the gas. Give tummy rub about 5 minutes after dosing. The
simethecone can be repeated in 15-20 minutes if needed.
Since everyone has been asking about bloat I thought I'd post this article. I forget where I read it at. Also to whoever asked (sorry I forget who it was) Albert sleeps on his side all the time. He'll stretch himself out real flat and yawn then lay on his side and go to sleep! This means they are relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings.

***JAIME***