[Gpdd] Health.constipation

Elizabeth Loiselle biffyl at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 17:29:57 EST 2005

      Linday, becareful of the amount of veggies you give Lucy. A lot of them can cause bloat also.Stay away from parsley,broccli(?sp), and spinich. They can cause gas and overloas on Vit. c Cilantro, red and green leaf lettuce and peppers ore good. Their diet should be 70% hay Thiothy hay and peppets should be timothy based also.
      Shelly, if Adrian is constipated and bloated try giving him 1/2 or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and keep on a bland diet of hay and lots of water until improved. If he gets the runs from the veggie oil you can crush1/4 tab immodium and mux with 10 mls of water.. Give 2-3 mls of the soultion the first hour and a second dose 1hr later until he has semi-formed stools.Don't over due the immodium or he will become constipated again. I have read these tips from another gp group I am in with slaves who have had these same problems and they have seemed to help.
      I hope both Lucy an Adrian get better
      Elizabeth