[Gpdd] Announce: Max and Freddy

BARRINGER JAMIE MAE barringj at ucsu.colorado.edu
Sun Apr 3 14:43:42 EDT 2005

In anticipation of a hectic summer ending in a move either to Alaska,
Canada or Africa, I sent two of my dear piggies, Max and Freddy, on to our
local Humane Society yesterday. Freddy has recently developed a tumor, and
I absolutely cannot afford surgery, even if it was for myself and I was
dying, so hopefully he can have a better chance where he is now. There is
a rescue associated with the shelter specifically for guinea pigs, and
while I have my reservations about that rescue, I have heard that they are
good with guinea pigs. Max is still lonesome, missing his dearly departed
Brunhilde, so I made sure the shelter got down that he is neutered and
would really like a new girlpig. I am missing them horribly, but I still
have Gus and Sonja, and until I move I am giving them a super big cage
where the other two were. Depending on where I end up moving, I might be
able to keep one cages-worth of piggies, basically if I can find an
apartment near school that allows them. Max said to say goodbye for him to
Snickers and Snowball, and Freddy said to pass on his regards. They hope
they can get their new slaves to go to gpdd, so that they can come back
soon.

-Jamie Barringer