[Gpdd] Misc: Re: Human Kids & Pet Kids

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 18:43:29 EDT 2005

Shelly,
My Hubby and I also do not want human
kids. Wheeee've been married for almost
3.5 years, been together (on and off)
for over 9 years, and we've been friends
for over 14 years. He's 33 and I'm 32
yrs old. Since we're older, we don't
get the pressure as much, you know the,
"So, when you are you having kids?"
pressure. Everyone knows we don't want
kids although I'm sure many think deep
down that we will change our minds. And
I understand why most people question
our decision because it's not the norm.
Plus, I have many friends from college
who swore up and down they would NEVER
have kids when they were 21-27 years
old who now either have kids or are
pregnant. So, I can understand why our
society, in general, is unbelieving of
our decision to be childless by choice.

I think Kids are fun, little people but
they are not for everyone. It takes a very
Special person to be a Mother (or Father)
and I know that I would not make a Good
Mother. People tend to disagree with me
because I get along with kids very well.
Kids tend to Love me because I'm silly
and fun and playful like them. But, honestly,
I think that you need a lot of Patience and
even some Tolerance when dealing with
children. And I have neither of those
traits.

And, you know what? I could ramble on about
a hundred reasons why I don't want children.
But, the Number One reason I don't want kids
is FREEDOM. Daddy Slave and I are not willing
to give up our Freedom: our freedom to go
out every Friday & Saturday night and stay
out 'til 2am (if we want to); our freedom
to pick up and go whenever we feel like it;
our freedom to do whatever we want, whenever
we want to and not have to worry about anything
but us.

Now, I know that many people think we are
Selfish. But, knowing that I wouldn't be
able to give a child the live that he/she
deserves and knowing that I would be Resentful
of them, in my opinion, makes me Selfless.

Shelly, if your Hubby and you decide not to
have children, then Fine. But, if you change
your mind, do it for the Right reasons and not
because of what Society (or your Family) expects
of you.

Oh, before I end this I have to tell you
something that many people say to Blaine and
me and it Pisses me off to no end. My Hubby
is White and I'm Black and so people will say
"Oh, when are you gonna have kids??? You two
would make the most Beautiful kids..."
Urrrrrrrggggggh! And you know what, we probably
would make pretty bi-racial babies, but that
is NOT a reason to have kids. Absolutely not.
Kids are not an Experiment. They are little
people who slowly grow into big people who
need Constant Care and Love and Attention.
And they (hopefully) last a lifetime. And
for all of you Slaves who do have human kids,
I commend you. It's Tremendous Hard Work and I
don't know how you guys do it and then have the
Energy to devote so much of yourselves to your
Furry Babies too.

Sorry I rambled...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and