[Gpdd] [CARE] PetCo

Nena Sechler Craven nenacraven at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 09:20:36 EDT 2005

There's a new PetCo in my neighborhood (Wilmington,
Delaware, on Kirkwood Highway, for anyone who may live
nearby) and it has already managed to piss us off.  My
husband dropped in there to look for the Guinea Pig
magazine while I went next door to buy some clothes.
He has reported back that the guinea pigs were being
kept in a cage that was only as wide as a one-pig
pigloo!  He said it was the exact same size as what
they were keeping rats in, and I imagine the rats need
more space too.  One little piggy was stuck behind a
pigloo in such a way that he could reach the water
bottle but not the food.  My husband was horribly
upset when he joined back up with me, but the store
was closing so I didn't go in.  I'll be checking up on
them later this week and talking to a manager if the
situation isn't any better...
Grrrr
Nena