[Gpdd] Rescue: New Piggies

emartin emartin at metrocast.net
Sat Apr 9 07:11:53 EDT 2005

Well, I went to my son's school yesterday to pick up a GP cage that his
teacher gave him.  (I think he wants into the action of a GP now
too!)  While I was loading it up in the Kia, a van pulled over and the
driver said, "Hey, you want more guinea pigs?"

I am glutten for punishment...I knew that my husband would roll his
eyes.  I have this thing for collecting animals that others don't
want...especially sick or abused ones.  I asked why she was getting rid of
them.  Her husband it threatening to let them loose as they moved them up
from the BASEMENT this winter so they would not freeze and into their
bedroom.  Apparently he doesn't like the wheeking and popcorning
much.  So...I get two older females this weekend.

This makes five.  So much for giving Casper the new larger cage!  The two
only come with a rubber-maid bucket, that is what they keep them in.  With
cats here, that won't work...so since the two need to be together, poor
Casper.  I need to work on another cage for her.  I tried to put her in
with Cuddles on Thursday afternoon, but that didn't go so well.  They get
along great all night on the floor, but when put into a cage together...I
thought my hand would be torn open.  Luckily I used the pigloo to separate
them and got the shrieking Casper out of there.  Pickles would love to have
her, but I don't think I want babies as I don't know what I would do with
them.  My bedroom is getting a tad small with all the cages now!  I also
think I would have a horrible time trying to screen people to take them.

I can't wait to meet my new babies!

Liz
Pickles, Cuddles, Casper & ? ?