[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Hairballs

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Sat Apr 16 20:03:18 EDT 2005

When I had my Pig-Pig girl into the vet one time she suggested syringing
her a little pineapple juice once in awhile - if she liked it (and she
did!).  She claimed the acid in the pineapple juice works well to break
up the hairballs.  I would just buy the little 6 pack of Dole 100% juice
in cans -  give her a little and then I could drink the rest.  She said
to just watch if sores developed around her mouth or chin from the juice
to discontinue until cleared up - and to also wipe her face off good
with a wet cloth after syringing her if she was a "dribbler" to keep her
from getting the sores.

Ann