[Gpdd] Misc: Piggie Noises

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 18 12:33:59 EDT 2005

Since the subject of piggie songs and odd noises has come up again, I'll throw in a
couple strange experiences I had recently. One evening as I was getting ready to
serve "Evening Buffet", there was a sudden, shrill wheek, almost a scream. Just the
one time, but everyone got very still. I soon determined it had come from Hotshot,
far in the back corner of his downstairs home. Buzzerre sat frozen in the opposite
corner, staring at him in disbelief. They are both usually overly friendly, but seemed
very frightened. All the other pigs were staring in his direction as well. When I
determined he was ok, I went ahead with the meal, and as soon as it was served,
all the others forgot the scare and dove into their meals. But Hotshot refused to
come out of the corner, and Buzzz didn't want to go near him. So I set their dish
in the middle and they both finally nibbled at it, but it took them quite a while to
finish.  I finally was able to pick them each up to be sure they were ok, and to
hold them a while to calm them down, but never did figure out what caused it.

Just a few days ago, when the pigs had eaten and were settling in for the evening,
I suddenly heard what sounded like a small bird, singing very low, back in the
area where Hotshot and Buzzz were.  As I slowly edged up on them, I realized it
was coming from little Buzzz, lounging in her hammock and singing away. The
other piggies were all still, apparently enjoying her song.  So far I haven't heard
it again, but hopefully she will repeat her song for us.

These little guys seem to always have another surprise up their sleeve!
Congratulations to our friend Moe for his Pet of the Day pigture! Way to go, Moe!

Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff, Lil' Whistle, Rosie, Hotshot & Buzzerre
HarleyPigg & Buster, Mac da Roanie, Lady Bug & Bonnie Baby Girl