[Gpdd] misc. - enclosed playpens

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Fri Apr 29 12:04:12 EDT 2005

hi ana

sally and i are in muskoka (a couple hours north of toronto) and know the
challenge of sometimes finding the things we want and desire. i have seen
the play pens in 2 sizes in the petsmart in barrie recently, so they
probably have them in the city as well. i have also seen the wire cube
panels that can be zip tied together at both walmart (they were a chrome
finish) and at the loblaws (their packages had 20 panels and about 4
different colours in the pack). of course i found all these things after i
had already figured something out because when i was looking the was nothing
to be found.  i used  a 3 tiered wire shelving unit that had no purpose
anymore. i tossed the connectors that let the shelves stack on top of each
other. daddy slave then cut one of the shelves in half. i then zip tied the
four pieces together into a rectangle. the end result was 5' x 2 1/2'. i put
this on top of a shower curtain from the dollar store and lined the play pen
with an old sheet. there's lots of room for tissue paper, tubes, pigaloo,
etc.. i've also added her new favourite. i use my paper shredder and chop up
some newspaper into strips. i put them in one corner of the play pen. she
loves to run through them and hide too. they start to spread out after a bit
so i just regather them into the corner and she'll zoom through them again.

good luck creating willie a play pen!

all the best,
martha & sally

please excuse any grammatical errors and the absence of capitals as i have
broken my arm. oops.

Martha Coburn
marthac at cogeco.ca

Message: 10