[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Flick's bladder problems...thank you Jennifer

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:08:56 EDT 2005

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind message...we always appreciate any info. which might
prove helpful in our attempts to get Flick well again. He is recovering, but
his progress is rather slow. We are trying to get his digestive tract
functioning normally again...his stools have been soft, and not the usual
bean shape. With all of the antibiotics that he's had to take for so many
weeks, as well as the antiinflammatory, I'm not surprised. I have ordered a
probiotic for him which should arrive shortly, and in the meantime I'm
feeding him the apple-banana flavored Critical Care several times a day. He
is not crazy about the Critical Care, but he takes it a little better if I
add some baby food to it. I use the organic carrot or banana baby foods...he
really likes those. He is eating his regular food and hay and is drinking
lots of water as well, and today I noticed a few bean-shaped stools in his
cage, although they are still a little soft. He will have a check-up at the
vet's office tomorrow, and we're hoping for some good news.

I ordered some Shilintong for Flick and tried giving him a tablet crushed
and mixed in with some fruit juice and water, but he will not touch it.
This is a piggie that loves having his vitamin C mixed with a few drops of
fruit juice and water and syringe fed to him. He even grabs the syringe with
his teeth and tugs at it, begging for more. But he must be able to smell the
Shilintong, because he won't touch the syringe if I have the slightest
amount mixed in with the vitamin C.

We hope that Bob Bob's health problems will soon be resolved. We were so
sorry to read of all the problems that he's been having. Please give him
some piggie hugs and kisses for us. We know that you are giving him the best
of care. Please let us know if the Shilintong helps with the bladder stone.
Some of our GPDD friends have had great success with it and we hope that
such will be the case for Bob Bob. We will be thinking of you both, and
sending healing thoughts your way.

With love and best wishes,
Sherry and the Piggie Pals
www.piggiepals4u.blinkz.com