[Gpdd] Announcement: Thank you and Congrats

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 22:06:46 EDT 2005

Dear Digest Friends,

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for remembering
Snickers so kindly. The GPDD is such a great source of comfort and
friendship. I was imagining that one day we could all have a gpdd
meeting in the middle of the country (maybe Texas? :) to meet each other
personally.

Strangely enough Leah appeared in my dream last night. Is that funny? I
flew to where she was and then she flew back with me. I think it might
have been because Butterscotch was on my mind with all of his public
recognition in the last few days. And then reading Leah's note about how
she was worried about BrownieBear slowing down, my heart really went out
to her. You know how Brownie Bear is her Alpha and Omega. She had
mentioned how she put off reading about Snickers' crossing. I can
imagine it hit close to home.

Honestly in the past I tended to avoid posts of Bridge Crossings because
it was disturbing to imagine being in that situation.  But you guys with
your compassion have given me some humility. I need to be stronger at
hearing other people's sorrow, because, as someone told me, we have to
take the bad with the good.

And now I want to offer strength to anyone who feels like it is going to
tear them up. Well yes it did devastate me about Snickers. We are still
sad about it. I haven't taken his name off my auto-signature yet. But
now I am trying to remember that however short a little life may be,
what they contribute to life is so rich that the sorrow at losing them
is only a small part of what their lives represent.

All of us that get up every morning and feed our little wheekers and
count noses and notice every little detail, we are lucky and we are also
good pet parents/slaves. It takes courage to face the ups and downs. All
of us slaves deserve a pat on the back and a virtual hug to carry on. I
am very grateful to the Digest and to you all personally. Thank you.

And a big congratulations to that boy Butterscotch on his recent
notoriety!

Another time I will write about how Snowball is adapting to being Lone
Piggie.
Carla, Snickers and Snowball