[Gpdd] CARE: Critter Berries: The Secret Weapons in the Battle of Vitamin C

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:25:43 EDT 2005

Hey, Jaime -

I will send you the details of the Critter Berries / Vitamin C Scam via a
direct email.  It is a little long and convoluted and I won't take up digest
space with it.  Besides, I feel dang foolish at the hoops I jump through to
get that rascal Topper to eat his Vit C!!  (Of course, of all the people in
the world, who would understand "jumping through hoops for piggies" better
than the Digesters???)

Topper did exactly the same thing your Albert did.  He LOVED the Oxbow
Vitamin C at the beginning - would actually run up, snatch them out of my
hand, and make off with his loot at the speed of light - but then he got to
where he not only wouldn't eat them, but. . . and I kid you not. . . he
became very belligerant(sp?) about NOT eating them.

I had started trying to get him to eat the Vit C by giving it to him first
and, then, when he would FINALLY eat it, immediately giving him a Critter
Berry for a treat and reward.  At one point, I was doing that and trying get
him to eat the Vit C and I kept handing it to him and he would drop it and
hop up for the Critter Berry; I would hand it to him again and he would drop
it again; etc.  About the forth time we went through this, he took it out of
my hand and, instead of dropping it, he calmly - and very DELIBERATELY -
walked over to a puddle of VERY fresh urine, dropped the Vit C tablet right
into the middle of it, and then casually walked back over to me and stood up
for the Critter Berry treat!!!!!  That dad-gummed juvenile delinquent!!!!

Anyway, I'll send you my latest  effort.  It seems to be working well. . .
so far. . .
(muahahahahahahaha)

Candy; Mollie and very smart, but VERY precocious Topper (plus Cat X of
course)