[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: adoption day anniversary

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Aug 28 09:29:11 EDT 2005

We would like to announce that today, August 28, is the first anniversary
of Sunshine and Tumbleweed's adoption day!  They are two of the Maryland
rescue piggies and came to us through the wonderful efforts of Judi,
Virginia, and many others whose names we don't know but whose kindness,
compassion, dedication, and strength made the guinea pig railroad possible.

As I type this, Sunshine is enjoying a nap, and Tumbleweed is by his side,
eating hay.  Although not literally brothers, they are devoted to one
another.  Once during floortime, Tumbleweed ran to get Sunshine to tell him
that a treat was being served; Sunshine later returned the
favor.  Sometimes when Sunshine naps inside the wooden house my husband
made, Tumbleweed will curl up outside the doorway.  When one goes to the
vet, usually the other goes as "moral support."

They are a joy to know!  We are so lucky to have them in our lives.

Cindy, Sunshine, and Tumbleweed