[Gpdd] Upset piggy

Gina Weaver mybluemoon76 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 14:06:19 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

  I posted a while back about "socializing" my new guinea pig, Sir Piggy. Thanks to those who gave me helpful advice! I've had Sir Piggy going on a month now. I just love him! I don't think it's mutual, though. I had thought I was making great progress with him. I usually hold him several times a day for anywhere between fifteen minutes to about an hour. When I do this I feed him fresh veggies.... at first he refused to eat them because he was so timid but now he practically grabs them right out of my hand. I also pet him around the neck head area very gently and talk softly to him. For a while he seemed to relax and enjoy the attention, however, lately after he gobbles down his veggies he seems restless and starts to nip my fingers. He also makes "squeaking" noises that I at one point thought they were a happy sound but now I think it means he is upset. Might I have a guinea pig that just doesn't like humans?? Is there any way to resolve this?? He has a large C&C cage that I made
 for him and he gets treated with the utmost love and kindness... what more should I be doing? I only got one guinea pig so that he could form a strong bond with me but does he need a cage mate?

  On another note, thanks to whomever sent the link to the Bing site... those videos are a riot and I think I just have to order myself one of those great guinea pig sweat shirts!!

  Thanks for advice,
  Gina & Sir Piggy