[Gpdd] CARE - ouchy lips

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Thu Dec 8 14:27:31 EST 2005

Hello, I was just wondering, do you feed your guinea pigs apple or any other fruit with acid in it?  Peter Gurney says that some guinea pigs are very sensitive to the acid in fruit, particularly in apples and it causes them to develop scabs on their lips.  It could be that your guinea pigs have this sensitivity problem.  I had one female a few years ago that had this problem.  If you are feeding apple, you could try cutting it out for a while to see if the problem goes away.