[Gpdd] (Care) Re: Blackberries

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 14:21:22 EST 2005

Thanks to all who wrote about feeding piggies blackberries. I feel better knowing they are a safe treat and I got a kick out of all the purple mouths! My pigs weren't very receptive at first (they are always suspicious of new foods, as if they think Mama Slave is trying to poison them!) but then they decided that those bumpy purple things tasted pretty good.

  I forget who asked about living somewhere that I was able to pick blackberries in the winter...unfortunately, I live in Maryland where it's REALLY cold right now. I "picked" the blackberries up at the grocery store : )  I can't imagine how devoted slaves got treats for their piggies in the days before refrigerated shipping trucks!

  Wheeks,
  Stacy and the Squee Squad