[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Peanut Crossed The Bridge

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 19:52:29 EST 2005

Hello Dear Friends - It is with great sadness that I must inform my friends
on the digest that my oldest cavy Peanut crossed the Rainbow Bridge on
Christmas  Day.  Daddy slave and I wrote an epitaph for him that we hope will honor
his memory.  It appears below:

Epitaph for Peanut:

Peanut, our American Shorthair Cavy, passed on Christmas Day while Mommy  and
Daddy slave were out visiting relatives.  He was attended at death by  his
long-time companion Calico, who was nuzzled up to his friend when Mommy and
Daddy slave returned.

Peanut's early history is unclear as little record was kept by the previous
owners.  He found his current slaves at a pet store where he was up for
adoption.  The clerk said he was brought in by a girl whose father told her  she
could no longer keep her cavies because she was not taking care of  them.
Peanut's nails were very long and looked as if they had never been  trimmed. His
feet were deformed by the long nails.

Peanut snuggled up under Mommy slave's chin and won her heart.  He  came home
with her even though daddy slave said, "You already have enough  cavies."
Peanut quickly made friends with Patches and they soon shared  space in a new
cube-and-plastic condo. Peanut quickly adopted his favorite toy,  a red and
yellow wagon wheel with a bell inside.  He loved to rattle it and  throw it up in
the air.  He would often do this well into the night.

A year later, Calico came to join them and grew up with their  guidance.
Last year, Patches crossed the bridge, leaving only Peanut and  Calico to share
the condo space.

Peanut was always calm and snuggly, a true pleasure to his slaves. Veggies
were a favorite time for all of the cavies; Peanut delighted in stealing
lettuce  and carrot from Calico.

Suddenly, that changed and Peanut no longer finished his treats or played
with his favorite toy.  His slaves noticed the change in his food habits  and
tried many things to help him, including, among other things,  syringe  feeding
and a short course of antibiotic. When water was also refused even by
syringe, the slaves were both very sad.  They knew his end was near and  their
efforts were to no avail. They will miss him dearly.

Wheeeeeps  from Debra, Pumpkin, Calico, Snickers, Princess and Creampuff
Fondly  remembering Patches and Peanut at the Rainbow Bridge

_http://hometown.aol.com/debrastory/_
(http://hometown.aol.com/debrastory/index.html)

_http://members.aol.com/cavylady60435/_
(http://members.aol.com/cavylady60435/)