[Gpdd] Bridge: Hunter, Muttley and Peanut

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 20:01:10 EST 2005

We just want to express our heartfelt condolences for the loss of the
much loved and precious piggies, Hunter, Muttley and Peanut. When I lost
my Snickers earlier this year it was devastatingly painful. So painful
and sad. I was bereft. I felt like a part of my identity had been ripped
away from me. It was really a loss. There is still a little hole in our
family where we miss Snickers. And a lot of joy in remembering him. I
think these little creatures deserve to live forever.

Some people I knew were sympathetic, but it was truly from you guys here
on the digest where I received my comfort. We lose a part of our lives
when our piggies have to leave us. I think only people who live with
guinea pigs know how they can become such a part of the family. They
entertain us, they come to know and depend on us, they become part of
our routine. It was funny how a part of my mind was always measuring
time by the 2 piggies, time for breakfast, time for dinner, wash the
piggie dishes, go get fresh produce. Looking at those sweet little noses
and those little eyes gazing up with trust and hope. Knowing their
habits, and their personalities. I'm sure your piggies brought you
comfort and joy. I know you will find special ways to commemorate your
loved companion. Their presence remains with you. And you have our
understanding here on the digest.

Carla and Snowball, remembering our Snickers with love