[Gpdd] [MISC] Spike

SUSAN EASTIN susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 4 16:53:55 EST 2005

Donna-
What a touching story about Spike and his song.  I'm sure you all still miss him terribly, but
it's good that you can still go out and talk and sing to him.  I've found that the OP's love me
to sing to them, too. Especially when I'm holding them, and CP will make this low noise I
can only describe as murmuring, as tho he's agreeing or approving. He does it when I hold
him, crying, to tell him of one of his dear friends gone to the Bridge. When Piglet went, for
instance, I cried as I told CP, and it was as if he was either crying with me or consoling me.
I always used to sing to the horses and cattle, too, and it would have a calming effect on them. But then I didn't exactly pioneer that.  If "music soothes the savage beast", think what it can
do for the tamer ones!
And then there are those fortunate enough to have a piggie who sings to them! I'm sure that Brunhilde is singing to Spike at the Bridge now!  Before I moved, I would often put on a CD for the piggies when I put them down for floortime. I could always tell Snowy's favorites, because she would get as close as she could to the music and stretch out listening to it, with the most content look.  (she seemed to really enjoy Johnny Cash's gospel songs, along with some jazz and some country, but she's not into rap!)
Thanks for sharing-
Healing piggie hugs'n'kisses,
Susi and the Okie Piggies,
Snowy, CocoPuff, Lil' Whistle & Rosie