[Gpdd] Behavior... Olivia

James Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Sat Feb 5 16:22:32 EST 2005

Saturday; 4:05 P.M.

Hi Susi;

I just read your post on the GPDD regarding Olivia.  Yes, she is doing
fine and is just as cute as ever.  The other evening I took her from her
regular C & C pen and put her in an open shallow pen on the floor in the
living room.  Actually it is the bottom portion of a cage that had the
wire top removed.  I often do this with one of the piggies in lieu of lap
time.  They can spend several hours in the living room pen where there
are people moving around, the TV is on, dogs coming and going, etc.

I have done this a lot with  Sassy Suzy and Ginger and they seem to like
it in the center of activity and can see what is going on around them.
Even though the sides of the pen are only about 4 inches high, they have
never jumped out.........no need to........they were happy just being
there and watching what was going on around them.

Two nights ago was Olivia's first turn in the "living room pen".  From my
semiconscious position in my Lazy Boy chair I noticed she had her feet up
on the sides of the pen.  About 30 minutes later I was awakened with a
very loud and frantic "wheeking" noise coming from the dining room.

You guessed it!  Olivia had "gone over the wall" and was in the dark
dining room,  all alone and lost.  She had no idea where she was or why
she was there but she was sure yelling:  "Somebody come and get me!"  I
found her under and dining room table and of course I had to get down on
my belly and crawl after her.  (NOT an easy task for a portly 66 year old
Senior Citizen)

So, anyway........Olivia is now restricted to lap time only for a while
until I'm sure she won't jump out again.

Jim........Sassy Suzy, Ginger, and Olivia