[Gpdd] Behavior -- Olivia Leaps!

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 16:22:27 EST 2005

Hi Jim and All,
     I've been sitting here laughing my sides off at your description of
Olivia's distress call and your rescue. Ah yes -- been there and done that -- tho
not exactly that.
     The first time my GP's had floor time (there was only Wilson and Cooders
then -- I hadn't acquired Ebeneezer and the little guys (which are now huge!)
yet) they ran under a skirted swivel rocker -- all I could see were these 8
cute little feet circling. I raised the skirt of the chair to get a fix on them
-- WHEEEK!!! They started running. Apparently a big human face peering in at
them was most unsettling. Then I tried reaching for them. They wheeeked and
ran on, faster still.
     Fortunately someone called me and suggested that I tip the chair back.
     I did so carefully, worried that I might squish one of my guys. The
trick is in being slow and careful. They fled to a corner -- one with no way out
so I captured my little fellows.

     On another vein, Wilson is a jumper -- I have a 1 ft. high large plastic
pool which I frequently roll into the livng room for play time. Not ideal but
it works when I'm not up to par. Wilson leaps when the spirit moves him. He
has leapt from a wagon (in motion /always to jump on me -- then he bites me!
No, nips!!   :) Bad habits that he's learned from that cool Brownie Bear. I'm
pretty sure that the Jolly rodents used to correspond with her for lessons in
slave/parent intimidation. He has even leaped from an 18 inch bin that I
sometimes use during cage cleaing time. Poor guy -- he missed my lap once and I
wasn't paying attention -- when he hit the floor all I could thin of was the old
video game, Frogger. Her pulled himself together tho very quickly and started
doing rounds underneath and around the chair again.

     I still think its great that you have a new little one!!

     I have a truly one-in-a-million cat whose only character defect is a
predatorious nature, particularly directed to the GPs. Jealous cat!!   The
situation does present a dilemma.

Alge