[Gpdd] CARE - cage cleaning

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Mon Feb 7 11:25:08 EST 2005

Rachel,

     I am sure that your piggies are not the only super-poopers. Bud is the KING in that department. He isn't very big and he eats TONS but it passes right on through! He gets lots of exercise and never gains at all. This is good, I know! I wish I were so lucky. I give his cage a major cleaning once a day but am continually 'spot cleaning'. I always think he wants to live in a nice, tidy spot.
     Although he eats on the same schedule each day and most of his pooping is shortly after a big meal, the rest of the time it seems to vary a lot. Some afternoons in his play area his litter boxes are almost clean. Other days they are full of 'buried treasure'. It seems to me that guinea pigs are a lot like horses; they need to eat lots of roughage to keep their systems working well but it means lots of clean up for the slaves. Fortunantly I don't need a shovel to clean up after Bud!!  :)

Carla and Bud