[Gpdd] MISC. - jumping and climbing

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Mon Feb 7 11:44:50 EST 2005

     MANY years ago when I was a girl and had two guinea pigs, we separated them before my little female was going to have babies (I shudder now to think how little I knew back then but I did love them dearly!) Just for the evening we put the male, Licorice, in a cardboard box about 18 inches tall. This was in our basement but it was a livable basement with an open staircase. A little later in the evening I went in to the kitchen at the top of the basement stairs to get a snack. I turned on the light and let out a scream as something ran across the floor. Licorice had jumped out of the box and climbed the basement stairs in the dark looking for love (or at least companionship). I thought that was amazing then and I'm still amazed today. Their actual home area was only a foot tall and he never, ever tried to jump out of that. That was the only time it ever happened. Never underestimate their abilities. All they need is incentive!

Carla