[Gpdd] Re: DIET: Wax

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 20:49:57 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/7/2005 3:32:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com writes:

I know  that several things like peppers, apples and cucumbers are often
waxed. The  washing doesn't seem to remove this. Is it also harmful and, if so,
does  anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Well, I did get a reply from someone who does it a lot. She said, "Wash the
apple
and dry well, rubbing with a clean kitchen towel."

I don't know if its harmful. I HAVE tried scraping it off when I have them,
using my fingernails or a peeler. It doesn't work very well, though. ;-]

Judi  Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Round Hill, VA
_http://www.mgpr.org_ (http://www.mgpr.org/)