[Gpdd] Care: Hay racks

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Thu Feb 10 20:28:01 EST 2005

Lisa,
We just built our C&C cage recently and ran into the same trouble. None of the hay racks we found in pet stores seemed quite right. We now have a couple feeders that we made by bending a few of the C&C cage wire grids into a "U" shape. This allows one Piggie on each end and a couple more on the side at a single time. Some timothy will fall out, but most stays inside and remains unsoiled throughout the day.
We needed more than one because PB and Bob Bob both like to climb up in their feeders and munch away. Sometimes PB gets so happy that he squeeks like crazy as he climbs in. The bottom comes about 4-5 inches off the ground. This allows them to also lay underneath the feeder, which Bob Bob likes very much. It fun to watch him lazily lay underneath while trying to turn his head just enough to reach some timothy. I hope this idea helps you.

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."