[Gpdd] misc--Pignics

Debbieganley debg43 at ij.net
Sat Feb 12 23:32:52 EST 2005

Hi, Erica--if there's not a pignic in your area, you just may have to start one of your own.  We had one down here in Tampa Bay on 5/1/04--I provided the venue (got a picnic shelter reserved at a local park -free--just have to reserve an area by calling a park in advance) & made platters of veggies to serve to the  pignickers.  A friend of mine was generous enough to provide raffle items--the proceeds went to a GP rescue group.  We also had a donation bucket for anyone who just wanted to donate a few dollars.   We sent out the notification on the GPDD--my friend had a contact in a local newspaper pet event column & we got a lot of people from that.

We're planning another Pignic in Tampa Bay this April--I'm in the process of buying some more raffle items as I go food shopping & find some more GP things on sale for raffles to benefit GP rescue groups--it's just a fun thing to do. If you can get your local Humane or SPCA to allow you to bring some adoptable GP's to the event to possibly get adopted, so much the better.   Please let me know if you need any more advice--always happy to help.   Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma